Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Plein air day April 21 2009

Orchard in bloom.


Field Pal.



Today's paint stop.


Sorry it has been a while since my last post.

Well FINALLY we have some nice weather up here in the pacific northwest so I headed out for some plein air fun. Thought I would post a few photos from my day. The painting will get posted later after I finish it up in the studio. Typically I just do a fast block in outside. That way I can do several in a day (although today was just the one because I had to get back early).

Today's paintings was of the country road scene, a nice composition and lots of rich green fields to play with. While I was out there a pal cruised by out in the grass field, just wanted to check things out I guess. After painting the road scene I found this old orchard with spring bulbs in bloom. I think there is a larger studio painting waiting to be created from this shot.

-The SJ Studio paint guy 

No comments: