Monday, May 2, 2011

Plein air, dodging showers and moving paint




Another from a few days ago, Springtime, 11x14 oils over acrylic on board.
Well I needed to get some even thicker paint down and it was going to be another day of dodging rain showers so I brought out some acrylics today and out down some PAINT.
You can see from the outside photos how things can change fast when painting plein air. Started out fairly nice with some sun out. Ended with a storm cell coming in for a visit but I had most of what I needed in by then. Speed painting at its best, well for me that is!


This one was also mostly knife work. Back in the studio, I finished this with oils.

1 comment:

Brenda Boylan said...

Say Don, what's a 'oily' doing being afraid of a little rain? Hee he...
This is really, really beautiful. Loving the colors and the composition is super strong! My guess is Sauvie Island again?